Have you wondered why the water pressure of your shower head becomes slow sometimes? One of the reasons would be the fact mineral deposits are clogging inside the water faucet and preventing the water from flowing to its full potential. This is quite normal in some places depending on where you get the water supply.
Cleaning the shower head or handheld shower head is not that complicated, but to some people, they just don’t know how to do it. This article will guide you through the entire process.
1. Disassemble the parts. First, you need to unscrew the swivel ball nut that holds the shower head to the mounting collar and then remove it. Once you did that, the rest of the internal parts will go out easily.
2. Keep the diagram. It is very important that you take a note or draw a diagram of how the entire shower head parts went together before you even disassemble the shower head. If you don’t want to use a paper, at least take the picture using a camera. This will save you the trouble when you want to reassemble all of the shower head parts back together once the cleaning process is finished.
3. Preparing the vinegar. Boil vinegar in a microwave until it is hot. This hot vinegar will be useful when you need to dissolve the lime buildups in the shower head.
4. Dissolving the lime buildups. Completely immerse the disassembled parts in vinegar or lime. The entire process will take around 6 hours. Most of the lime buildups will dissolve in the vinegar, although some of the residues might get caught in the smaller holes of the shower head.
5. Remove the remaining buildups. Use small wire brush or paper clip to scrub and clean some areas that might need attention. This will remove the remaining lime buildups in smaller parts of the shower head. Soak the parts in vinegar again for a few minutes and then rinse.
6. Reassemble. Reassemble the shower head based on the diagram, which was taken back in step 2. Turn on the water and then check them for leaks, if any.
7. Rinse and repeat. Does the shower head doesn’t need cleaning anymore in the future? The answer is no. If this happens to you once, probably it will happen again in the future, depending on your water supply. Repeat this process again once per year.
Imagine having a bath during a downpour. You can relax, release tension and then refresh your body. Now, imagine that you can have that every day, thanks to the downpour shower head.
How does a downpour shower head work?
A downpour shower head, or sometimes called rainfall shower head is powered by high-pressure water and air. Plus, it is crafted so the small water droplets hit your body quickly but gently. As the result, once you are inside the bath, you can feel a soothing effect on your body and head. It feels comfortable, just like in a spa.
Why having a relaxing bath is important?
After tiresome office hours, the majority, if not all of us want to relax and enjoy our activities at home, especially during the bath. For a good reason – that is, having a good relaxation and releasing the tension created during the office hours an increase your work output in the office. In fact, a worker which rested better at home before is proven to produce higher quality work and also be able to finish and do more tasks at the office in a shorter period of time. This is the reason why anyone who works hard at the office needs to take all necessary precaution in order to improve the sleeping routine, food, and diet, as well as the relaxation methods at home to improve their quality of work at the office.
If you look at the health aspect, by adding a downpour shower head accessory to your bathroom also has its benefits. For example, a downpour shower can act as the stimulant to your body which allows your body to improve. Other than that, the fine water droplets from a downpour shower head are proven to relax your tense muscles. This tension in the muscles is caused by strain during your daily activity including your day job, studies or perhaps even sports. Hence, it is important that you do something to reduce the tension and one way to do that is by getting a downpour shower head and then enjoy a good shower after a long, tiresome day.
One of the most interesting and perhaps creative invention in the shower head industry is the LED shower head. While lots of other shower head providers and sellers are focusing on the design, looks and usually the water pressure, the LED shower head, on the other hand, is a great way to give a good look to your old, boring bathroom by adding LED bulbs and more colors to your bathroom.
In fact, people who bath under these shower heads feel relaxed and happy after a bath. The visual effect as the lights fade on and also the color changes during the bath giving its users a great shower experience. Keep in mind that these shower heads glow in the dark, so you don’t need to turn on the light if you want an awesome experience. The effect in a dark room of softly glowing colored water is special and also beautiful.
Some of the LED showers also comes with water temperature control. In fact, the color of its LED gives the idea whether the water temperature is too cold or too hot. This will save us from entering a too hot water or perhaps too cold water.
You don’t need to purchase additional power supply such as a battery or something to light on these LED bulbs. Majority of these LED bulbs use the power of water flowing through the shower to help it glow. For kids, this is an exciting experience.